The opening night was a great success! We had a lot of support form the lecturers, and quite a few people came through to take a sneak peek at everyones projects. I am very thankful to Joe and Reecy who organised the evening; it was a very positive first time experience!
For the remainder of the week, our team has just been working at helping Charlie with her footage, and testing out lighting and filter effects for the final film. Amin was using a projector but it wouldn’t light up the whole installation in its entirety. Although Charlie is our film maker and editor, I took some photographs and had a play with adding a blue filter to them in Adobe Bridge. I also made a short clip of some footage I took of the others playing around with the projector lighting and during the testing.
Renee had made a logo for us to use in our final film, but unfortunately when Charlie and I went to insert it, the image made a white background cover our screen. we couldn’t fix it, so we placed her logo into Photoshop and we reedited it. While we were at it, we thought we’d make it have a bit more interest so added in some waves. Charlie asked if I could change the font too.
I also made up our slideshow with Google Slides, which didn’t take long at all. Our team met up to discuss who could say what in our slideshow, and we tried to organise this so that one the day, we would be ready to present with confidence. Only a couple of days left and then we enter the Noho Marae!!!